New convert on the way

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
An 18" x 12" Yew log running very slow at the start I have just finished turning the outside but I;m in need of some liquid sustenance were's the cans

Attachments

• DSCF0522.JPG
    DSCF0522.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 1,604
  • DSCF0521.JPG
    DSCF0521.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 1,604
stevenw1963":2foenbd1 said:
You're just showing off Woody !!!
And why not LOL it is for violet my last big vase I told her I was going to make my last one and she said Its mine LOL but hey who knows what the future hold

I'm still only seeing half these attached images, a real puzzler!

Another bit of Yew. Looking forward to this,
Can I ask what make of lathe you have there ?
(just joking, they do like to blast their name across it dont they ? )

Well after seeing the last 2 in the flesh i can be assured this one will be like the others masterpieces looks intresting already (were did u hide that log last time i came up i never spotted it :lol: :wink: ) look forward to the next post on this project
Regards
Bill

The inside is now removed the sanding and oiling will have to wait till tomorrow

Attachments

• DSCF0525 (2).JPG
    DSCF0525 (2).JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,511
  • DSCF0523 (2).JPG
    DSCF0523 (2).JPG
    124 KB · Views: 1,511
Thanks Mike, I will follow that thread and see what happens, I am also using Windows 7 64 bit.

I can get all the pictures apart from the first one.

It looks fantastic Woody, i can't wait to see the finished result!

Peggy

Terrific bit of wood and great bit of turning Woody, what is the hollowing tool you used, I have been thinking for some time of trying some hollow forms.

Regards
Rod

narrowboater":ffydnd12 said:
Terrific bit of wood and great bit of turning Woody, what is the hollowing tool you used, I have been thinking for some time of trying some hollow forms.

Regards
Rod
Hi Rod I used two the black one is the Rolly Munro which is a great tool in every respect the other is a combination of the Robert Sorby arm brace with a home made attachment with an osculating end bit but I think you can now buy them
I haven't finished the vase yet I have been out all day the shop in Newark wanted some more bowls and pens

Outside sanded and had some Teak oil applied hope to finish the inside tomorrow it has ended up 12" tall

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,320
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,320
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,320
An unusual shape Woody! Quite formal, but it suits the piece well, looks like a tricky task dealing with the inside!

stevebuk":3ecz8rjg said:
that looks amazing, i will be interested in seeing how you get the tenon off the base..
I shall start making a smaller vase to fit inside with a tenon on the top end revers it in the chuck then slide this one over it and bring the tailstock up for support then remove the tenon from the vase job done I hope that answers your question happy turning

stevebuk":7hd3cblb said:
that looks amazing, i will be interested in seeing how you get the tenon off the base..

There you go I trued up a ol log with a spigot on one end and several layers of tissue paper on the other end

Attachments

• DSCF0533 (2).JPG
    DSCF0533 (2).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1,321
  • DSCF0532.JPG
    DSCF0532.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 1,321
  • DSCF0531 (2).JPG
    DSCF0531 (2).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,321

Latest posts

Back