New Axminster store

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plug

Established Member
Reaction score
Just read on their site that they will be opening a new shop in High Wycombe.
Did not give a date when.

Hmm, might be worth a detour next time I'm heading north.

Axminster seem to be like Ikea, they never open a store near me

Aidan

TheTiddles":3ieq5mek said:

Aidan

now why would we want to be near to a Ikea? :lol:

jhb

jhwbigley":p8sox8s8 said:
TheTiddles":p8sox8s8 said:

Aidan

now why would we want to be near to a Ikea? :lol:

jhb

Probably for the 99p brekkie :lol:

Regards Tom

Good not too far from me about 45 minutes drive for me.

I dont think www.isaaclord.co.uk will be happy that they are opening up a store there. Unless maybe they are taking them over ? does anyone know any more ?

Just had a look at the Axminster site their new shop has a different address to both of Isaac lords shops so they must still be going.

The Tiddles said

They are busy building one a West Quay Southampton but sadly not an Axminster!! :D :D

Rod

Who has sneeked on quickly as I have been banished from Woodworking and the computer for 2 weeks as house is full of visitors :(

chippy1970":3ui2cx30 said:
Good not too far from me about 45 minutes drive for me.

I dont think www.isaaclord.co.uk will be happy that they are opening up a store there. Unless maybe they are taking them over ? does anyone know any more ?

hopefully that will force IL to lower their flipping prices - and to go back to stocking a decent range of wood for turners.

I used to go to IL all the time but since they refitted its not been worth the trip (admittedly my move to wiltshire and the discovery of toolpost in didcot had something to do with that too)

From the post code given on the Axminster site it looks like it is next to screwfix on the industrial estate off Coronation Road not far from junction 4 of the M40

Not far from me!

My wife will be pleased.

Now I can take her there, try every router in the store and then buy the first one I looked at.

Mick

Back