Need a Finish that`ll make my wood Crusifix look dark brown

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all
I am now doing an extra day of Carpentry at college (wednesday) and the wednesday just gone i just made a crusifix on a stand.And was hoping somone could tell me what finish stuff i would need to buy to make the (ash) look like this wood:

50280_PE146486_S4.jpg

Thanks mill to all who helps me. :D

Hi Carl. Assuming that you haven't already put any finish on the wood, the easiest way would be to go to somewhere like B&Q and get some Colron wood dye. There are various colours to choose from and you should be able to get a close likeness to the colour you want by adding more coats if you need it darker. You can then apply a finish over the top - I think Colron make a lacquer but you should be able to use more or less any finish. I hope this helps, Steve.

CarlC":3av6tkau said:
What so do i use the wood dye then the liquar etc when the wood dye has dried?

Yes that's right. The dye dries quite quickly - just follow the instructions on the tin. Might be worth getting some disposable gloves while you are at it - unless of course you want your fingers to match the crucifix too :lol:

Steve

Back