Need a commission (a box for my poker chips) made.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 for Andrew Crawford boxes. Beautiful. Don't know if he comes in that cheap though TBH. Ditto Robert Ingham.
If I had my own workshop I'd happily oblige.
Steve

I've recently made a small box in American Black Walnut for a Silver christening spoon.
DSC02207.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02199.jpg

(Sorry about the poor quality photos, completely forgot to take some good one with the good camera)

Have a nose around my blog and feel free to contact me if you want me to come up with something.

Thanks

JH

I took on this commission and thought someone might like to see the result.

The box is American walnut covered in burr walnut. It holds 800 chips, the holders are lined in mulberry suede.

There are spring loaded brass rods in the sides which locate in brass plates in the drawers fronts when the lid is shut, locking the drawers. Dimensions are 430mm x 270mm x280mm.

Constructed with my usual dt's although the burr masks them on this box (this was pointed out to the client before I started).

I find box making stressful, this one was particularly so!

Phil.

Attachments

• blh1.gif
    blh1.gif
    203 KB · Views: 109
  • blh2.gif
    blh2.gif
    138.8 KB · Views: 109
  • blh3.gif
    blh3.gif
    138.7 KB · Views: 109
  • blh4.gif
    blh4.gif
    142.8 KB · Views: 109
  • blh5.gif
    blh5.gif
    154.9 KB · Views: 109
  • blh10.gif
    blh10.gif
    128.7 KB · Views: 109
  • blh9.gif
    blh9.gif
    160.6 KB · Views: 108
  • blh12.gif
    blh12.gif
    189.9 KB · Views: 108
  • blh13.gif
    blh13.gif
    159.5 KB · Views: 108
  • blh15.gif
    blh15.gif
    156.4 KB · Views: 108
Hi, Phil

Very nice, I like the suede/walnut colour combination.
Ian Hawthorne hardware?

Pete

stevenw1963":3f55kygy said:
Hope the client appreciates such nice workmanship.

Philip Sewell is a total legend. I can't thank him enough for the box he has created for me. The design process was protracted but his unfailing patience and humour was wonderful. As for the finished article - it is a work of art and even more gorgeous in the flesh than in the pictures. It is a rare priviledge to be able to commission a piece like this. The box is both inventive, wonderfully practical and beautiful. Thank you Philip and hope it wasn't too stressful!

Ian

Thanks for all the very kind words re the box, much appreciated. It took a lot of sorting out with Ian before I started making it (I have saved all the emails and there are about 40!) but all worth it as he seems very pleased with the end product.
Phil.

Latest posts

Back