Names

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobman

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a few names I made for presents they are made from 18mm mdf which are to be painted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 979
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 979
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 979
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 979
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 979
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 979
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 979
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 979
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 978
Very nice indeed, bobman. Out of interest, how do you paint them? MDF is known for sucking up paint as though it's going out of fashion.

My actual experience of painting was wasting this morning slopping brown liquid called Rustic Oak (hah!) onto the gate and the bits of rotten wood that hold the garage together. :D
Martin.

Thanks for the comments ted, Martin I give them a coat of pva first half glue half water this seals them then a few coats of emulsion or gloss give them a light sanding in between coats Bob

Very nice indeed.
I've just done two basic names that I was very pleased with - note the 'was'. I will have to redo them I can see.
Are the fonts available in Word?
I take it you lifted the images off t'internet, how did you get then so close to the letters?

Did you use low emission MDF/no added formaldehyde, if so any problems with it eg brittle?

Brian

Hi bob man, really nice work on those names. I tend to use cooper for most of mine so I would be very interested in what font you use. I can see the recipients being thrilled with what you have produced.

Thanks for the comments Phil and brian the font is called victoriana my wife does the patterns for the letters she uses word to make them she downloaded the font from the internet it is free the name is printed out then the image printed out separtely and glued to the letters hope this helps, brian my brother gets me the mdf it is used for packing so is quite low grade sometimes I get the odd bit that goes fluffy but the majority of it is ok

Thanks for the font info. I have never fancied using mdf because of the dust issues but as my local timber merchant seems to change the price of oak daily I think I may be converted.

Latest posts

Back