N-power price hike

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andersonec

Established Member
Reaction score
We all heard the controversy about the energy companies price hikes and it all left a bad taste in the mouth.
I am (was) with N-power and we were told their rise would be 9.2%, well I got my letter (e-mail) and my bill is going to rise from £82 a month to £95 a month :eek: methinks for a few seconds, mmmmm (that was me thinking) having done sums at school, albeit a long time ago, I figure that is a price hike of around 16% :shock: that is approaching double the 9% we were told it would rise, an hour later I had switched and immediately dropped my monthly bill to £69 a month, this only lasts a year but then I will switch again.
Another ploy they are using to raise your bill is the tariff they put you on only lasts a year, when that tariff ceases to exist guess what, you are put on to a high tariff, if you ring you will get a cheaper tariff but the one you were on has disappeared and the tariff you end up on is not as low as the one you were on, what with the annual price rise just before winter every year (due to various reasons) and the ending of your tariff that amounts to two rises per year.

On another matter, get ready for the next round of Post Office closures, you heard it here first..

Andy

I have never ever switched suppliers, because if there was a supplier that was truly less expensive than the others, everybody would be using that supplier. :roll:

The reality is, one is as bad as the other, and they will get you one way or the other, you will/can never win. :shock:

I use :-
EDF for electric supply.
British Gas for gas supply.

Take care.

Chris R.

Energy firms (like insurance, telecoms and other companies) have introductory rates which they use to encourage new customers. Existing, loyal customers get moved onto their 'standard' rates, which of course are more expensive, and effectively subsidise the introductory rates.

As Andy says, if you want the best rate, move each year. It must cost those companies more to get new customers than keep existing ones... Stupid, but that's the way the world has gone... :(

If my experience with npower is anything to go by it's a wonder they have any customers at all!

Latest posts

Back