Myford PR11 Planing machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ovenpaa

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all hello as this is my first post, and a question!

I have just aquired a lovely Myford PR11 Planing machine, it was GBP40 which appealed to me, it does need a motor (I have a nice old 3/4HP single phase one winging it's way over very shortly) and is a perfect for my tiny workshop.

Thing is I have no instructions with it and the blades need to come out to be sharpened, I can see some small square nuts that *could* be holding them in place plus some jacking screws in the blocks however before I attack it blindly I thought I would ask here and see if anyone has worked on them, or are they the work of the devil?

I have to say at this point I have never worked on one of these before but have a good mechanical understanding and knowledge of machine tools.

Hello, had one of these myself a few years ago, since sold on. I wrote to Myford who sent me a phot copy of the manual and parts/price list. Give them a try, hope this helps. Rick.

Good idea, a quick google found Myford and I spoke to Linda this morning who promptly offered to send me out copies of everything PR11 related free of charge.

Nice to find such a service these days.

Back