Myford ML8 faceplate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Axminster are having a sale, as you probably all know. One item on sale is a Backplate for Super Precision Chuck and the version for the ML8 is only £13.52 (was about £22). This could be used as a faceplate, although it does have a step so it's not completely flat. However a plywood disc turned to accept this step would solve the problem. I have ordered one and I intend to use it to make a thread adapter which will hopefully enable me to use my Evolution chuck on both my Graduate and ML8. Just need a bit of metal turning and external thread cutting to suit the graduate (the more difficult internal thread will be that of the backplate.)

There are other threads available but not all are reduced. Also on sale are Morse Taper HSS drill bits at half price, and their ball race bearings are really dirt cheap (from about 70p) so ideal for anyone intending to make up a stationary power tool - just a steel bar for a spindle, a pulley and a spare (salvaged?) motor and the bulk of the job is done.

K

Latest posts

Back