myford lathe ML8

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head clansman

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys

myford wood turning lathe as I have only done very little wood turning which was back in my school day in the early sixties i remember using myfords i think that what they were , any way I am looking to buy a second hand lath soon from e bay , i know theres always a lot of second hand parts on ebay but was wondering is this the only source for spares for this type of lathe or can you still buy from manufacturers all the necessary bit that may be needed . also it's probable unlikely to buy a second hand one with manuals wherer can i buy manuals etc from are they still available nowadays , may thanks in advance for any replies . hc

Have a look here and possibly email Tony as he is a mine of information and has catalogues and manuals on hundreds of different lathes. Personally I wouldn't bother with a Myford as they are limited in their spec and tend to be expensive. If you are looking for 2nd hand ask on here first as I think there are a few people with lathes for sale. Also between us I suspect we can give a load of good advice as to what would suit you best

Pete

hi all

ok had a little look around and have decided to take a closer look at new lathes or nearly new instead of old one's , been down to axminster to day and had a brief look at there lathes the axminster m950 seem quit a good buy for it's money value , Does anyone know on earlier lathes of this model does the head swivel on them as well . hc

Back