Myford Lathe ML7, Quick Change Gearbox, selling advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at completed auctions of myfords, there aren't many with the gearbox. Those that had it went nearer £1000

Looking at completed auctions of myfords, there aren't many with the gearbox. Those that had it went nearer £1000
Thank you, that explains some of the variations in price. I have a bid now so cannot accept offers, will have to see where it gets to.

Hope you set a reserve, not that you should have any problems. There is a real fan base for these and they tend to fetch silly money. The gearbox is relatively rare so should see it go even higher, I would have thought maybe up to £1500 for one in really nice condition. One that is a bit cosmetically challenged maybe 1000 or a bit more. Daft money for what they are IMHO, but as I say a lot of people out there who love them, and they are a nice old machine certainly vastly superior to a Chinese mini lathe.

if it's a nice one with a few original bits prob nearer £2,000....if ur not in a rush, hang on for that price......
a standard lathe with no gearbox will bring at least £800-1,000 in good condition....
these are privat add prices.....dealers will add another £500........
I have an as new S7 that still has shipping wax on it .....
I refused a cash offer of £4,000.....not that long ago...

Thank you for the replies. No reserve on it. It is on £510 at the moment, finishes Monday evening, 37 watchers. I am in no particular hurry to sell but am trying to clear/tidy the garage.

if it's a nice one with a few original bits prob nearer £2,000....if ur not in a rush, hang on for that price......
a standard lathe with no gearbox will bring at least £800-1,000 in good condition....
these are privat add prices.....dealers will add another £500........
I have an as new S7 that still has shipping wax on it .....
I refused a cash offer of £4,000.....not that long ago...
I notice some dealers are looking for £1000+ just for the gearbox, admittedly in mint condition, and £5k+ for a mint machine. Crazy prices for what they are.

Back