My wife tried to kill me.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A timely thread to pass on a bit of advice in the unfortunate event of you being caught in a fire in a hotel.

You've read the safety blurb, you know where the fire exit is, the alarm goes off and you open the door to your room (after feeling it to make sure there's not a raging blaze in the corridor). You're met with dense smoke and so you sink to the floor to feel your way along towards the fire exit counting the number of room doors to pass by before you get to the exit (you did count them, didn't you, when you recce'd where the fire exit was?).

Just make sure that you use the back of your hand because some hotels have their wiring behind the skirting at floor level and if those wires have become exposed and still live then you will grasp hold of them and not be able to let go if you are feeling along using the palm of your hand.

I spoke to my wife after reading this thread and she confirmed she did know how to switch the power back on. So that was a lesson learnt. Got in today and she said the power had just tripped, she sorted it out but now the cooker says "stop". I was tempted to tell her the cooker was her dept. but I was good and sorted it for her. She's cooking roast chicken so I didn't want to be in the dog house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back