My wife takes pictures + Alisons answers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NazNomad":b1q3x22c said:
MattRoberts":b1q3x22c said:
By my deduction, it was a Canon EOS 5D mkIII

:lol: :lol: What a great guess, get yourself out and buy a Lotto ticket.

That is an easy conclusion and they were taken with an EF70-200mm lens. Obvious really.

Cracking photos. She obviously has a good eye for composition!

My OH is also a good photographer. She has ger eye in for every shot

Only kidding. Seriously though, I enjoyed looking through those photos so please that SWMBO!

OLD":kaql6qen said:
Alisons answers :- 'Thank you all for looking at my Flickr images and your kind comments. We are lucky to be able to spend so much time in such a beautiful area. It was especially interesting to hear the historical information from BM 101 as I love Parys and district. I now use a Canon 5D MK III + filters. It has the advantage of exceptional dynamic range and I try to get the best image I can in-camera. I use 24-70 and 70-200 lenses. I always shoot in RAW and process in Lightroom and Photoshop. My interests are in landscape, texture and atmospheric images, hence a lot of quarries, rust, peeling paint and mist, and I find myself using long foregrounds, as there is so much detail in even a wet, sandy beach, which does not show too well on the small Flickr images. The wrecks are stranded on Dulas beach on Anglesey. I do not usually do HDR and use the rule of thirds when it suits me. The link will stay on the site and I will be adding more images in due course. Anyone with a greater interest in photography may also like to check out the Galleries in nantwichcameraclub.org.uk - there is some exceptional work from fellow-members'.

Thanks to Alison for the response. I asked what camera because I have a Lumix TZ60, which I like; but wonder if I should go upmarket to a full DLSR. But I like the TZ60 as it fits on my belt or even my pocket. Perhaps I should start by shooting in RAW and processing to see what I get.

Brian

finneyb":2mbx2fy3 said:
Thanks to Alison for the response. I asked what camera because I have a Lumix TZ60, which I like; but wonder if I should go upmarket to a full DLSR. But I like the TZ60 as it fits on my belt or even my pocket. Perhaps I should start by shooting in RAW and processing to see what I get.

Brian

You could buy a second-hand DSLR try it out and if you don't like it sell it, you probably wouldn't loose much or even any money.

I would recommend Nikon as they have free editing software Capture NX-D.

Pete

I echo all the comments, the shipwrecks ones are very good but I think my fave is the piano man :) just for the subject.

finneyb":1ls6ontj said:

Brian

Whilst fancy equipment (some of which I have ) can help the technical side of images, most of the artistic quality comes from the photographers eye and choices in subject and composition.

I'm rubbish at that :cry: , which is why I mess about doing images that are technically difficult(*) (and fun!) and may sometimes impress people because they're unusual.

BugBear

(*)
Panoramic, HDR, panoramic HDR, giga-pixel, macro, coaxial lighting, compositing, multiple exposure, all with a £40 s/h eBay camera

I have DSLR's (Nikons) and lenses etc. I also have a Panasonic Lumix. The Panasonic is a waterproof, shock proof compact camera and it's a cracking bit of kit. It also gives me a lot of manual controls etc. I often find I'll grab that rather than my SLR as don't want to pick up a whole load of kit. That said if I was going out specifically to take landscapes then my SLR's and Lenses would be going. I like aviation photography and as such I could get the shits I do without DSLR and lenses. To me the SLR body is not too important it's the lens in front of it. So don't buy a SLR unless you're willing to invest in lenses would be my advice. Some of the compacts now even have 30x optical zoom and are very capable. Not great for motor racing or aviation or wildlife photography (birds) but the next step up really would be a £1000 body and £1800 lens. Obviously that's just my view but the cheaper lenses for SLR are no better than the built in ones on compacts and hybrids / bridge cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claymore":1oap3iva said:
I have converted a few of these to work with my Canon dslrs ...

Is the conversion a matter of adapters, or is actual alteration of the lens itself involved?

BugBear

Back