My wife takes pictures + Alisons answers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice - some great shots there. I'm partial to landscape photography myself, but the scenery round here isn't anywhere near as nice!

Like woodworking, it's a money pit though!

Fantastic, I particularly enjoyed the Parys Mountain shots. My Father was born in Amlwch in the Port which which my Dad always said was constructed for the copper mines at the mountain. My Grandfather was a whaler as were quite a few of the men from there at one time though they sailed out of Liverpool and not Amlwch. My dad still has a couple of Sperm Whale eardrums and teeth believe it or not and some scrimshaw done by my Taid, (Grandfather). How the world has changed eh?
At one time it was the most important copper mine in the world (I believe) and has been mined since the Bronze Age. (Incidentally, copper from the mine was used to coat the hulls of Naval ships. Marine life didn't cling to the copper and they were therefore faster and sleeker than French ships and thus an Empire was born partially because of Parys Mountain. So there's a thing).
I lived up in the mountains of North Wales for several years and still miss it.
Thanks for the memories and please pass on my thanks to your wife. I really enjoyed the photos.
Regards
Chris

lurker":wf1h40ep said:
finneyb":wf1h40ep said:
Impressive ! What camera?

Brian

Why would that have any bearing on her great photos?

There's a substantial amount of processing on some of those HDR pics, it would be nice to know if that processing was done 'in camera'.

she's pretty good as well, I do some photography myself, sometimes I wish I lived in wales or the lake district, there's not enough greenery around here.

I'm pretty critical with photos. I studied photography and imaging science and then worked in print and publishing for many years. I like a lot of the shots. I would say that foreground interest should be considered for some of the scenery and also the rule of thirds should also be thought about for some shots. I can see it has been in some. Overall I think there are some great shots. I like the sea with the long exposure and I like the shipwreck with the increased saturation.

You should get her a Nikon and some lenses and then she'd get some great shots! :) (Ducking for cover)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alisons answers :- 'Thank you all for looking at my Flickr images and your kind comments. We are lucky to be able to spend so much time in such a beautiful area. It was especially interesting to hear the historical information from BM 101 as I love Parys and district. I now use a Canon 5D MK III + filters. It has the advantage of exceptional dynamic range and I try to get the best image I can in-camera. I use 24-70 and 70-200 lenses. I always shoot in RAW and process in Lightroom and Photoshop. My interests are in landscape, texture and atmospheric images, hence a lot of quarries, rust, peeling paint and mist, and I find myself using long foregrounds, as there is so much detail in even a wet, sandy beach, which does not show too well on the small Flickr images. The wrecks are stranded on Dulas beach on Anglesey. I do not usually do HDR and use the rule of thirds when it suits me. The link will stay on the site and I will be adding more images in due course. Anyone with a greater interest in photography may also like to check out the Galleries in nantwichcameraclub.org.uk - there is some exceptional work from fellow-members'.

MattRoberts":rhqajekg said:
By my deduction, it was a Canon EOS 5D mkIII

:lol: :lol: What a great guess, get yourself out and buy a Lotto ticket.

Latest posts

Back