my web page

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a web page which was created when my server was tesco, I have now gone broadband with blueyonder (virgin) but when I type in the tesco web page address I get page not found. It must still be working because the avatar on this page comes from the tesco site.

I still have an account (I assume with tesco, pay as you go, but on the old land line and BT, (no longer used now cable) )
Now I have gone cable do I assume the webpage is locked away from me and no amendments etc. possible?

Ah, I see you use the american dictionary Devon Woody, 'Shewing' us your mortice jig. I too had no problems viewing your web page, pretty good too. :wink:

Scrit":3k09ehdz said:
DW

I can see your site here, so what problems are you getting?

Scrit

Thanks for that scrit, I did a copy and paste and where I was going wrong was I left off the last forward slashafter the jt.

I'll now go and see if tesco let me alter the webpage on a pay as you go basis?????????? or?????????? whatever happens.

I converted my Tesco account to pay as you go when I went on broadband with BT so I could keep the email addresses.

About six months later, without warning, Tesco cut me off, I'm assuming because I didn't run up a bill with them during that time.

It is very likely that you will only be able to update your site if you connect via Tesco dial-up rather than via your new broadband connection. This was certainly the case with Freeserve.

If it's like Freeserve, then provided you keep your account active, your webpages will remain in place. To do this you would need to periodically connect via your dial-up. Just having an active email account or active website is not sufficient.

As an aside, I changed to Tesco when I switched to Broadband. Been with them for over 2 years now and have no complaints at all.

Dave

I think I will have to make a new web page, I even have a new PC and none of the old page set up folders. Looks like a bit of history goes down the wire.

devonwoody":1asc83k2 said:
I think I will have to make a new web page, I even have a new PC and none of the old page set up folders. Looks like a bit of history goes down the wire.

You can easily save any of the images, including any background graphics, buttons etc from your web browser (you might like to forget about the animated gifs, though :wink: ) and re-use them if you wish. Indeed you can save the entire pages. Whether you can import them back into Page Serif or whatever it was you used I don't know, but you can easily edit them in an HTML editor (I sometimes use NVU) or in a text editor and then upload to your new webspace.

Good excuse to make any changes you might like to make and to add anything new..... your trip down under, for example :)

Dave

ps - I looked at your mortice jig and thought I'd seen it before. Then thought about your recent trip and suddenly everything fell into place. :)

Thanks for advice on what to do.

Might be making a return trip to Oz. getting withdrawal symptoms, and invitations are appearing in emails. :)

Latest posts

Back