My Tool Shed - excellent customer service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks - another source when you r stuck

are you saying this was your 1st purchase from them or the customer service department talked you out of an expensive buy ;) ?

I've not dealt with this company before either.

Before I ordered from this company I phoned them to make sure that the planer I wanted was in stock as I had an urgent job I needed it for. I was told it was in stock. I immediately ordered what I wanted on-line and it arrived 2 days later on Thursday. However, upon opening the box, it was clear that it had already been used. There was sawdust and shavings in the tool, the dust bag and the box.

I immediately phoned them and was told that a replacement would be sent out and the used one would be picked up. I was told that the replacement would arrive in 2 days.

The following Monday I phoned and was told that the person I had spoken with before was away. I was then told the same story again - that a replacement would be with me in a further 2 days (Wednesday) and that arrangements would be made to pick up the used one.

On Wednesday the used one was picked up but no new one arrived. I phoned the company and was told that the previous two people I had spoken with were 'unavailable' and also that the new one hadn't been sent out yet and they didn't know when they would be able to do so.

Do you want to risk dealing with people like this?

Just posted in the interest of balance. The testimonials pages on the My Tool Shed website are edited by them (i.e. they have the right to remove any comment they choose) - so new customers have no indication that there could be a problem if they deal with this company. "We reserve the right to accept or reject customer feedback"

Whilst things could always go wrong with the operation of a big mail order company - misleading customers when trying to deal with complaints is unforgivable. I have now been misled twice.

My axe isn't sharp enough yet.

Back