My ShapeOko Mobile Workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorningWood

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here, but I thought I'd share my current project with you.

I have had the hardware for a 1x1m eShapeOko CNC router sitting in my house for over three years now with the intention of assembling it soon... yeah, you know!

This is my first attempt at cabinetry and indeed woodwork of any sort but it is coming together well I feel.

The base is all 18mm ply interlocked with dado cuts and the top torsion box will be made from 18mm MDF.

I admit it is over engineered but I want this to be a solid, stable platform for the eShapeOko as it will have a Makita RT0700 router for a spindle.

Questions, comments, criticisms welcome!
CnC_Table_1.jpg
CnC_Table_2.jpg
CnC_Table_3.jpg

In these photos the unit is laying on its side and you're looking at it from the bottom and top.
DSC_1640.jpg
DSC_1641.jpg

Attachments

• CnC_Table_1.jpg
    CnC_Table_1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,008
  • CnC_Table_2.jpg
    CnC_Table_2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • CnC_Table_3.jpg
    CnC_Table_3.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • DSC_1640.jpg
    DSC_1640.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • DSC_1641.jpg
    DSC_1641.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,008
Looks good, especially for a first attempt at a cabinet. Looking forward to the updates.

P.s. looks like you have a great workshop space to play in.

Thank you. I took my time and made several different designs before settling on this one then proceeded to refine it based on the tools I have available. Mostly done with a circular saw and a cheap router. I hope to get it glued, screwed and on its casters this weekend.

Back