My new Chisel rack

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Made this up to provide a new home for my small chisel collection

Ply back , MDF shelves , used a 1" forsner bit , spaced the wholes 2" apart

Several coats of paint and hey presto :lol:

114_1411.jpg

PowerTool":3sqc8ef3 said:
Looks good - lot of chisels you've got there;not a c*llect*r,are you... :lol:

Andrew

Andrew , I have another 40 or so coming at the end of the month :roll:

Pressed the button and thought I would be outbid , but I was not :lol: :lol: :lol:

He He cant waite till I get all the goodies , another buy out of someone who is retiring from turning :p

Philly":3bnllfiv said:
Very smart! Need to get you on planes next :wink: :lol:
Philly :D

Philly , would love to have a go , but I cant saw a straight line !! :roll:

and I have no plans :cry:

still , one day , you never know :wink:

Hi Blister.

I have another 40 or so coming at the end of the month :roll:

You have a few more than me before you get the next 40. What you gonna do wiv them all. :lol:

Blister - you ought to get out more........how does Mrs B let you get away with this?

I notice you don't seem to have a Sorby chatter tool - may I interest you in one?

Chris.

Hi Blister

If that's a Poolewood lathe I see at the bottom of the picture you also have a beautiful dust and shavings trap :lol: :lol:

Scrums":15v5sl9b said:
Blister - you ought to get out more........how does Mrs B let you get away with this?

I notice you don't seem to have a Sorby chatter tool - may I interest you in one?

Chris.

Chris :p

There is NO Mrs B , I can do what I want , Had a Mrs B for 30+ years amd we went our own ways

I am FrEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol: :lol:

Nice storage solution.
Just make sure that you're careful reaching over the lathe to get a new tool if you have a piece spinning on it.
I bypass this dangerous problem by having a small wire mesh tray (which I think was intended for kitchen use) suspended under the tailstock end of the lath. The mesh is wide enough for most tools to slot into and those that don't just rest in the tray. The tools are then just next to my right hip and can be reached easily. Shavings aren't usually a problem as they tend to fall right through the mesh.

What is the tool that is 7 in from the right on the bottom shelf? It looks like a gouge that has suffered somewhat.

duncanh":3lacjqu2 said:
Nice storage solution.
Just make sure that you're careful reaching over the lathe to get a new tool if you have a piece spinning on it.
I bypass this dangerous problem by having a small wire mesh tray (which I think was intended for kitchen use) suspended under the tailstock end of the lath. The mesh is wide enough for most tools to slot into and those that don't just rest in the tray. The tools are then just next to my right hip and can be reached easily. Shavings aren't usually a problem as they tend to fall right through the mesh.

What is the tool that is 7 in from the right on the bottom shelf? It looks like a gouge that has suffered somewhat.

Hi , its a Henry Taylor special bowl gouge to aid going round the inside of bowls hence the angle

Cheeers

Latest posts

Back