My first Salmon!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a magic holiday on the River Conon just north west of Inverness as guests of a pal who has a beat up there. Never been flyfishing before but to pun badly I am hooked!

My first salmon pictured below (6.5lb) with me having been 'blooded' (not sure about that if I'm honest), the head ghillie and Monty - who is making terrific progress after his awful illness :D

DSCF0008Large.JPG

Monty the dog fish:

DSCF0016Large.JPG

Its absolutely beautiful there and we had great weather - I think it rained for about 3 minutes.

DSCF0014Large.JPG

DSCF0018Large.JPG

Plus, one of the ghillies is a keen woodworker and had worked on an estate in Perthshire for 25 years where they had a lot of burr elm. He has between 4 and 5 tons most of it over 15 years old. He gave me a very nice slab which I shall endeavour to make something from.

Hell of a long drive though!

Cheers

Tim

very jelous tim, i'd love to have a go at fly salmon fishing. Used to go course fishing with my dad as a kid, loved it.

Good to see Monty fit and well too.

Andy,

Haven't had the fish yet - sent it off to the smokery - should be back in a month. Because you are only allowed two fish per rod (to keep) I thought I'd make it last.

Wizer - if you get the chance you really should go. They do hire out spare days.

Cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Back