my first project and a question re finishing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_UK

Reaction score
I have just completed my first project - just a small box to be used a sewing box - I know it's simple compared to most on here but we have to start somewhere.

it is made from pine from b&q, with a odd piece of plywood for the base.

I cut the sidepieces at 45 degrees to allow them to be mitred together and a rebate cut in the bottom for the plywood base. I glued this up with the help of a bandclamp.

Glued a couple of pieces together for the lid using biscuits and then chisled out for the hinges.

I would like to give it a slightly shiny finish and wouldn't mind if the final finish was a bit darker - what would achieve this please ?

Hello,and welcome to the forum :D

Here's your picture,minus the spamulator (don't worry,it soon wears off :wink: )

For a nice shiny finish,I like clear wax.If you want it to look darker,then try coloured wax like some of these for example.

Andrew

Tim - I would use one of the many tinted acrylic varnishes from one of the sheds. Easy to use and brushes are water washable.....welcome to the forum - Rob

Back