My first Norm experience

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also recorded norm off cable onto a dvd recorder/hdd but ntl(now virgin) barred all recording on cable (apart from 12345) because of their comprehensive pay per view and introducing there own sky plus type box.
what a rip off still i managed to record about 50 episaodes eventually they become a bit tedious. but still watchable esp the workshop type projects. much of the furniture is not my cup of tea but is obviously classic americana. like most people he tends to build things using familiar techniques which can become repetitive. the upshot being the interesting parts are where he has an unusual problem or technique. this is when norm is at his best.

I usually catch NYW in the mornings 6:30 on Discovery RT
Nothing like watching :norm: with a good cuppa and some Corn Flakes. :)

Unfortunately they are all old ones that i've seen at least twice already.

Am I the only person left who's never seen a single minute of footage of this famous "norm"?

Adam

Yes!

Blimey Adam, there are amorpheous silicon-based lifeforms in Alpha Centauri that thanks to Norm are busily building occasional tables and bemoaning the shipping costs from Axminster for sub-lightspeed delivery. Sort it out fella! :wink:

Adam":3ka89f2j said:
Am I the only person left who's never seen a single minute of footage of this famous "norm"?

Adam

Fear not Adam, you're not alone...thee and me are obvioulsy part of a very exclusive society...just the two of us then :? :), question is...are we missing anything? - Rob

:shock: not only someone thats never seen an episode but a moderator as well :shock:

I was going to say just to youtube it to see what came back but I tried and got "The Old Crankee Workshop" instead :-k hahaha worth a quick look if nothing else

woodbloke":vv21gcj7 said:
thee and me are obvioulsy part of a very exclusive society...just the two of us then :? :), question is...are we missing anything? - Rob

Make that three, and nothing I've heard makes me want to change that.

I would be one of this fortunate crowd, only an alleged "friend" sent me a video of some old episodes. Very efficacious for combating insomnia - as long as the sound's turned down and you forget you ever heard of health and safety... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

I haven't seen 'Norm' either but I'm just about to switch off the 'puter and watch a D C video that I bought from Axminster on my recent foraging trip to Europe.

Bon nuit,

Steve

Back