My Festool rocking horse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JandK

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought a new Festool TS55 tracksaw from Axminster and it rocks not because it is good but the baseplate is not flat. My first Festool and a bad experience due to a lack of QC.
The cost of Festool products are high and as such they should live up to the expected standard.
I have not registered with Festool yet for the warranty and will contact Axminster via email to return the saw I will also contact Festool.

If there's a problem they will just swap it for a new one.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I expect they will be quite generous if you make a jovial complaint to tts Europe the festool distributer, I knackered a festool masonry bit and complained as to be fair it was broken after five minutes of red brick drilling and they sent me 3 new ones. But I'm also surprised as between me and my old boss we probably have 30+ festool machines and all where perfect out of the box.

Adidat

I have notified Axminster and Festool on Monday the saw was collected and a new one delivered today The base of this saw is flat and I am as happy as a pig in you know what.

Good service from Axminster and good advice from Festool. So a big thank you to both companies.

JandK":1l683elo said:
Good service from Axminster and good advice from Festool. So a big thank you to both companies.

That's the way it should be. And good for you, carefully checking the product over instead of just ripping off the packaging and diving straight in like a kid on Christmas morning!

At the end of the day, Axminster are box-shifters for most of their range. So this is not their fault.

I have been to Festool's factory and I can tell you that they take QC very seriously indeed. It forms a significant part of their reputation.
But everybody, I mean everybody, makes mistakes from time to time. I don't care how good they are for 99.999% of the time. We have some very good retailers serving the UK woodworking market. On this forum alone we have Peter Sefton, David Charlesworth, Cutting Tools, Jetman, Workshop Heaven.

Even I, yes, I, have been known to make a mistake. I once sent someone and empty DVD case. It was soooo embarrassing. There was a reason and he was understanding. In fact I think he thought it was quite funny, but it really should not have happened.

My point is that any company can get it right, it's how they handle things when they, inevitably, get something wrong.

10/10 to all concerned.

custard":6m3r3xqe said:
And good for you, carefully checking the product over instead of just ripping off the packaging and diving straight in like a kid on Christmas morning!

That is the most difficult part for me nothing like receiving a parcel to make the little boy in me come out.

Latest posts

Back