Multico L3 Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockingmoment

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought this (ebay special), complete with a load of accessories. Should get it next week.

In the meantime.... does anyone have one of these? Can you shed any light on the bits supplied (on the floor...!) with it?

Or does anyone have a manual? Or a link to the Multico (or clone) website?

Heres the link....

Many thanks

This will give you a better idea of wht you are getting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Multico-Model-L1- ... dZViewItem

Scrit will be the expert here - I'll bet my house on it.

I think there are two elements - one is a sliding table arrangement for tenoning, the other is an overhead thicknessing attachment - basically a table over the cutter head.

Looking at yours, you want to ask the seller if he can find the rollers for the table extension - I don't think I see them in the picture.

I have the planer only. None of the attachments. The ebay description is a bit of a misnomer. It is not a planer thicknesser. It is a planer with a thicknessing attachment. I've heard that the thicknessing attachment is pretty poor. However the tenoning attachment is superb. I've not used either, but I've seen the tenoning attchment set up on someone's planer. It does look very useful and accurate. I don't think I would be any help in setting up any of the attachments, but could maybe provide some advice in fettling the planer, if you have any questions.

Spare parts are hard to come by, and it would be helpful if you know anyone who can make spares/missing parts in a machine shop. (My Dad has made a few for me, but he lives 5,000 miles away; so need to wait months for one of us to make a trip one way or another. :) )

It is a good solid planer. Mark W just posted Unreasonable expectations?? regarding an expensive Jet P/T where his new machine came with a fence which was not flat. You should have no such problem with your Multico.

Brad

Jake":26a92bnn said:
This will give you a better idea of wht you are getting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Multico-Model-L1- ... dZViewItem

Scrit will be the expert here - I'll bet my house on it.

I think there are two elements - one is a sliding table arrangement for tenoning, the other is an overhead thicknessing attachment - basically a table over the cutter head.

Yes that view is with the tenoning attachment set up. I had to have the rollers and one of the arms to hold the rollers made. (I was in the middle of my previous post while Jake was posting his replies.)

Brad

Blimey! No hanging around with you lot! Thanks for the info. I was impressed with the heavy cast iron bits, but struggled to see how the thicknesser came into play. Now you've explained - it doesn't look too brilliant but I'll give it a go.

The tenoning attachment is a bonus tho. Must make sure the rollers come on the pallet!

Thanks again chaps! Well impressed with the replies

wrightclan":1bo5a1a1 said:
It looks like the rollers are lying in the square bucket next to the machine. :D

Good spot! And good news.

Un-ashamed bump.... with a bonus:

Multico can provide some spares and a copy of the manual (£10) and can be found here:

Multico
178 Queens Rd
Hasting
E Sussex
TN34 1RQ

shockingmoment,

Where did you get this address from and do you have a contact name?

I looked the address up and its House of Hastings, they do sell tools, but are not Multico. I was told that the the owners brother, owns Multico, but he is on holiday. (Are you keeping up?) They are going to ring me back when he gets back, why am I interested? Well I have a second hand L7 sitting in the shop and its a bit different to most of the machines I have used in the past.

Someone has been waxing that cast iron slope again. :roll:

Thanks for the info. I haven't contacted Multico, since my first experience, where I enquired about replacement jackscrews--they wanted £40 for four screws! In the end I modified some bed bolts for my jackscrews :D

The manual for £10 though is more reasonable.

Brad

Latest posts

Back