MR MDF Suppliers in Devon???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am struggling to find a supplier of MR MDF 6mm, 18mm & 22mm in Devon. Anywhere I have tried says they have only 18mm or that all sizes will have to be ordered in.

Does anybody know where I can source all 3 thicknesses please?

Maybe it's because I only want 4@ 6mm, 5@ 18mm and 1@22mm so only a small order that's causing the problem.

Yesterday I spoke to one supplier who said they would email be prices yesterday, and again when I chased them this AM said they would email me this PM .... but I'm still waiting. Must be the boom everybody has too much business to be bothered with a small order :cry:

I have found the Somerset Panel Centre in Taunton to be helpful. They deliver to North Devon and can source must stuff in most sizes.

Mr Polisher":32uip7xu said:
I have found the Somerset Panel Centre in Taunton to be helpful. They deliver to North Devon and can source must stuff in most sizes.

Thanks for that .... I have just emailed them.

Hi charlie, having trouble sourcing MDF surely not , i buy from Bradfords building supplies branches everywhere , Blamphane sawmills and have brought oak vaneered MDF from Taunton panel centre . Surprised they don't keep it in your are.

sawdust1":3tpljunj said:
Hi charlie, having trouble sourcing MDF surely not , i buy from Bradfords building supplies branches everywhere , Blamphane sawmills and have brought oak vaneered MDF from Taunton panel centre . Surprised they don't keep it in your are.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have emailed Bradfords & Blamphane - mind you neither of them have MR MDF on their websites. Is Taunton panel centre the same as Somerset panel centre mentioned further up this thead?

I get mine from Timbmet in Saltash - not sure what sizes they keep in stock, but never had any difficulty in getting what I want.

ColeyS1":2vmdnn2j said:
New world timber might be able to help

Thanks - just spoke to them, they have what I want and price seems ok, waiting on some other prices before deciding who to use.

RogerM":1l1k2ov5 said:
I get mine from Timbmet in Saltash - not sure what sizes they keep in stock, but never had any difficulty in getting what I want.

Thanks. Are they still in Saltash? From a quick look at their website I can't see it.

ColeyS1":33vs15g3 said:
theyve done away with the Saltash depot :-?
Bummer! Seems like they closed at Xmas. They gave good service too. Yet another one bites the dust.

Bond Timber or Gillsons perhaps?

RogerM":197ohqkn said:
ColeyS1":197ohqkn said:
theyve done away with the Saltash depot :-?
Bummer! Seems like they closed at Xmas. They gave good service too. Yet another one bites the dust.

Bond Timber or Gillsons perhaps?

Bond Timber don't do 22mm MR MDF (Interesting I see they do Wisa ply - only ever saw that in Jewsons till now!). Gillsons don't mention MR but site is a bit vague so they may do it.

Thanks!

Sorry charlie, didn't see you wanted moisture resistant, Bradfords and Blamphayne will be no good for this. yes when i said Taunton panel centre i meant somerset panel centre.

Back