Steel Blacking Kit.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distinterior

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of refurbishing a workshop machine and want to Blacken some steel items (small sheet items, small cast iron items, nuts & bolts etc).
I was looking for a kit that would come with the various chemicals, containers ,PPE. etc.
I found a company yesterday on the web and placed an order, paid with a debit card and then received a confirmation of the order.......Only to then receive another email from them this morning, informing me that all the kits they sell are not held in stock and will be delivered to me in
an " estimated 2 weeks".....😯😯

Can anyone suggest or recommend a supplier of one of these kits, that would hopefully have stock?.......If they dont have stock, perhaps they are considerate enough to state such on their website.

A one or two litre sized kit would suit my needs.

Thanks.

Just a suggestion, try the various model engineers suppliers on the web. There's a few posted in the sticky at the top of this Metal Bashing section, and loads more easy to fine with "yer friend"

I use the Gateros blacking, the last lot arrived in a couple of days. That’s Gateros, not Gatorade, totally different stuff.

The few times Ive done any blacking it was just a questain of heating up the parts and wipeing them with a rag dipped in oil,,stinks a bit if your doing in the kitchen so best done when your wife is at bingo!
Steve.

Latest posts

Back