Mounting Tv on homemade cupboard/mount help pleaseeeeee

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greek Enigma

Established Member
Reaction score
i am no good with wood (newbie)

so help please please please :(

ok well i built this a while ago (so mum had somewhere for her microwave
can's etc and tv to be mounted on otherside) she lives in a small mobile home (not alot of space)

anyway

its a cupboard/tv mount etc

prob is i wasn't thinking and after i did it i thought omg that mdf cnt take the weight of a telly

so was thinking just to stick spare 3/4 mdf i have behind as a brace

heres pics and will it work~??

By TV I assume she has an older cathode ray tube TV?

If so could a flat screen telly not be sought and save space and just hang it to the cupboard as they weigh a lot less?
Without knowing the weight of the TV it will be hard to say what fixings will be needed.

Steve

Ateallthepies":3fs1snop said:
By TV I assume she has an older cathode ray tube TV?

If so could a flat screen telly not be sought and save space and just hang it to the cupboard as they weigh a lot less?
Without knowing the weight of the TV it will be hard to say what fixings will be needed.

Steve

LCD!

i wouldnt even attempt to mount a crt to it

ummm

you see where the picture is (thats where i want to mount the lcd

its 6kg 23" but might put a 32" which im guessing will be around 9kg i guess

As long as the original 18mm MDF behind the picture is fixed securely it will easily hold the weight of the TV, even the 32" one.

Just fix the TV bracket with wood screws. If you want, but is not needed, you can fix the bracket with small bolts, nuts and washers through the MDF.

You will be surprised of the pull out load using wood screws and MDF and is quite high!

Steve

Ateallthepies":3di1r95v said:
As long as the original 18mm MDF behind the picture is fixed securely it will easily hold the weight of the TV, even the 32" one.

Just fix the TV bracket with wood screws. If you want, but is not needed, you can fix the bracket with small bolts, nuts and washers through the MDF.

You will be surprised of the pull out load using wood screws and MDF and is quite high!

Steve

steve

thats what i mean the mdf on their is only 1/2" thick
so i was just going to reinforce it with 3/4" mdf

hopeing will do the trick?

let us know if it will work?

if so ill do it show what i did and see what you think on it holding up

thanks again steve for the help .
8)

Oh I see.

If it were me I would still be happy to fix a 6kg load to the 12mm MDF using a standard TV bracket as long as the panel was well fixed in situ.

Your idea of re-enforcing the back is a good idea for greater loads and won't hurt even for the smaller TV.

Steve.

Ateallthepies":3abqs0y4 said:
Oh I see.

If it were me I would still be happy to fix a 6kg load to the 12mm MDF using a standard TV bracket as long as the panel was well fixed in situ.

Your idea of re-enforcing the back is a good idea for greater loads and won't hurt even for the smaller TV.

Steve.

yeah ill renforce with the spare 3/4 to be safe i think

will do it sometime in the week

thanks

Back