Most useless tool ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjopicker

Reaction score
There are probably more than a few contenders for the "most useless", but this morning I'm inspired to nominate the Osmo Stirring Stick. A bargain at around £2.00, with some suppliers offering them as low as £1.20 with free postage.

This is, please note, a GENUINE "Osmo" (TM) stirring stick. Other sticks just won't do the job as well. Specially developed for the purpose of stirring "all hardwax oils". Osmo's website describes it as a "very useful tool - often underestimated", and who can argue?

An image search will enlighten you. I'm not sure how I've managed to get by for so long without one. Definitely on my Christmas wishlist.

- Bernie

Banjopicker":7pcg349l said:
There are probably more than a few contenders for the "most useless", but this morning I'm inspired to nominate the Osmo Stirring Stick. A bargain at around £2.00, with some suppliers offering them as low as £1.20 with free postage.

This is, please note, a GENUINE "Osmo" (TM) stirring stick. Other sticks just won't do the job as well. Specially developed for the purpose of stirring "all hardwax oils". Osmo's website describes it as a "very useful tool - often underestimated", and who can argue?

An image search will enlighten you. I'm not sure how I've managed to get by for so long without one. Definitely on my Christmas wishlist.

- Bernie

I win http://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+woodworkin ... aws+jp1444

Banjopicker":119434fu said:

- Bernie

Ironically, i bought http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p96335? ... tAodeE8AKw the other week and was impressed how much easier it was than to find a clean length of something to stir paint with when I needed to. The osmo one is literally just a stick though and is about 5 times the price!

marcros":afs5xjbi said:
Banjopicker":afs5xjbi said:

- Bernie

Ironically, i bought http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p96335? ... tAodeE8AKw the other week and was impressed how much easier it was than to find a clean length of something to stir paint with when I needed to. The osmo one is literally just a stick though and is about 5 times the price!
Must be fun to clean with all those holes in.

Grayorm":lyt1pg9a said:
marcros":lyt1pg9a said:
Banjopicker":lyt1pg9a said:

- Bernie

Must be fun to clean with all those holes in.

yep...! :oops:

Broken dril bits. Sorted a box full of drill bits out yesterday to find some muppet, after breaking two thought the drill box was closer to the bin.

Grayorm":fxy71m0g said:
Banjopicker":fxy71m0g said:

- Bernie

I win http://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+woodworkin ... aws+jp1444

That's not useless, it's just the wrong way around. #-o #-o

The stirring stick, Funnily enough, is apparently better and more effective being the shape of the good old lolly stick.
we used an old food mixer in the glue and clamping shop to thoroughly mix 2 part glue when clamping up, say 20 or 30 coffin sets a at a time. smaller amounts were mixed by hand and "lolly" type sticks.
Square or round mixer sticks were said to be next to useless.
Sikkens send out beech mixers, really good mixers too! Regards Rodders

Well my most useless tool has to be the Hinge pro. I bought one of these after seeing it being demonstrated at a show. So quick and easy to use my door fitting was going to be lightning quick! it wasn't Damn thing used to bounce all over the place and tear chunks out of a softwood door, its gathering cobwebs under my bench now. :roll:

Has to be the LV bevel setter.
You can't use it to set angles from 0º to 30º.
They disguise this by annotating it in complementary angles - they say it reads from 0º to 60º but this is a lie - it sets from 30º to 90º. 45º is spot on, all the others are wrong and you have to calculate to get it right.
I pointed this out years ago and am surprised to see they are still selling it.
"Patent pending" - they shouldn't bother nobody would want to copy it as an ordinary plastic school protractor will do a better job. :lol: :lol:

mailee":18pj063b said:
Well my most useless tool has to be the Hinge pro. I bought one of these after seeing it being demonstrated at a show. So quick and easy to use my door fitting was going to be lightning quick! it wasn't Damn thing used to bounce all over the place and tear chunks out of a softwood door, its gathering cobwebs under my bench now. :roll:

+ 1 completely useless, I'm waiting till mines 'vintage' so I can sell it.

Jacob":2qlb2gh1 said:
Has to be the LV bevel setter.
You can't use it to set angles from 0º to 30º.
They disguise this by annotating it in complementary angles - they say it reads from 0º to 60º but this is a lie - it sets from 30º to 90º. 45º is spot on, all the others are wrong and you have to calculate to get it right.
I pointed this out years ago and am surprised to see they are still selling it.
"Patent pending" - they shouldn't bother nobody would want to copy it as an ordinary plastic school protractor will do a better job. :lol: :lol:
Found it viewtopic.php?t=29625
Derek does an hilarious demo of how difficult it is to use.
Rob Lee says it isn't a protractor. But it is, just a not very good one.

Most useless tool? Apart from my ex-wife probably my Snap-On diagnostics tool. Never worked correctly from day one! Waste of £2k!

Latest posts

Back