Most useless tool ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeliGav":25s44rd4 said:
Check these out, LASER SCISSORS!!! There must be some really bored tool designing folk out there!

http://carterstoolsonline.co.uk/scissor ... ssors.html

They could do with these in Dunelm Mill :lol: . We bought some net curtains that they cut to width from a big roll. A small shop assistant with short arms cutting material 60" wide on a bench results in a not very straight line :roll: Laser scissors are the answer!

Regards Keith

An auger gimblet until I realised that if I bend the end into a hook it is perfect for taking the lid off my wood burner as it just fits into the little whole in the centre of the lid. It is now an invaluable tool

Ouch!

How about anything with "Silverline" in the title?

I've got a Dakota wet grinder and it's very goo... hang on: the motor blew up and I had to send it back, and it took three months for the accessories I'd ordered... and the straightedge I bought wasn't, and that had to go back...

... at least I can check Silverline at the Toolstation counter, I guess.

Do these suppliers think we don't remember a thing? There's one company I would now only use as an absolute last resort, whose emails I've unsubscribed from and whose hardware prices make me snort with derision. What a waste of their time!

E.

I disagree on certain Silverline items. Much of it is rubbish, but I have some of their F clamps, and I think that they are good- at least my handful of them are. I have the odd other item too that are ok- worth what I paid and probably no more.

marcros":11vgqp5n said:
I disagree on certain Silverline items. Much of it is rubbish, but I have some of their F clamps, and I think that they are good- at least my handful of them are. I have the odd other item too that are ok- worth what I paid and probably no more.

To be fair, Silverline have come a long way, especially in mechanical tools. For instance, I've now ditched the likes of Snap-On and Halfrauds professional spanners in favour of Silverline. I picked up a pair of 32mm combi spanners for £18. Extremely well made and with a lifetime guarantee. The Halfrauds and Snap-On would have cost £56 and £240ish respectively. I've actually found the Silverline more comfortable and better finish quality. Nearly all my spanners are now Silverline.

Latest posts

Back