most comfortable boots with steel toe caps?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt@

Established Member
Reaction score
my 16 yr old son starts new part time job next week and needs a pair of steel toe cap footwear. Any recommends for relative comfort??!! I dont see such boots going hand in hand with comfort but might be wrong :) Myself I'm dead fussy with footwear - maybe I have sensitive feet lol.... nothing worse than painful and rubbing shoes :cry:

Strangely enough I bought a pair of the cheapest safety boots that my local hire shop sold and they have turned out to be one of the most comfortable boots I've ever owned.

I would recommend trying on a few pairs and see as what is comfortable for one is not for another. I for instance can't get on with Doctor Martins but colegues love them

James

I have some dewalt ones that I got from Costco and they are very comfortable. I think that they were the apprentice model. About £35, so not particularly cheap or expensive. I would buy another pair based on these.

Scruffs Switchback.
pros: Ridiculously comfy, lightweight. cannot feel the toecaps even with thin socks.
cons: Tread is wearing quite quickly, laces too long.
Would I buy another pair? yes
Time wearing them: 1 year
(from someone who wears trainers 99% of the time)

wow Nev that sounds a great endorsement - I'll look into these, also the Dewalt. He wont be wearing them much so rapid wear not so much an issue but I just know he will moan for england if they hurt his feet which is what I'm trying to prempt :)

I've got a pair of cheap Portwest boots from Toolstation. They are waterproof, light weight and comfortable enough to wear all day long. Very good value.

I have Dewalt ones and they are very comfy. Just had a look at them and they are apprentice. Wearing well too.

Make sure there's a bit of room in them and wear two pairs of socks - one thin pair with a thicker pair (sports socks are perfect) is my advice...works for hiking boots, too.

Ive found the dewalt boots pretty good. If you have a local screwfix, thats prob the easiest place to see them as the stores have tge boots on display.

No two peoples feet are the same so he needs to go try some on. I got a pair from Arco made by Trojan which have stood up to years of tough use but as I say what is heaven for one person could be hell for another.

+1 for DeWalt from Screwfix. I used to have their own Site brand, but the DW are in a different league. I also bought a pair as a present for Ray, and he says they are the best he's ever worn.

The dewalt apprentice are a step up from the average cheapo boot - I have found the insoles to wear fairly quick tho. I have very little meat on my feet and find almost any boots uncomfortable (most shoes even) - my last 2 pairs of boots have been Hyena Ravine from screwfix, they are like walking around with cushions on my feet - the most comfortable boots I have ever tried, love them.. Well don't love them but they are very comfy :D

well despite my non approval, 16 yr son has taken it upon himself to buy a £19 pair of Scan boots (discounted to that price as he works part time in a shop that sells them) as he reckons they are 'dead comfortable" and 'I'm only wearing them a day a week" lol bless him. Thanks for the recommends in this thread though :)

I was going to start a new thread on this very topic, but seeing Matt@ has beat me to it I thought I might as well jump in with my own question:

I have exceptionally wide size 12 feet so struggle to find steel toe caps wide enough to accommodate my flippers. Can anyone suggest some wide fit boots which don't cost the earth?. Or trainer-style steel toe caps - I don't really mind.

Cheers
Mark

Mark A":2dm90usx said:
I was going to start a new thread on this very topic, but seeing Matt@ has beat me to it I thought I might as well jump in with my own question:

I have exceptionally wide size 12 feet so struggle to find steel toe caps wide enough to accommodate my flippers. Can anyone suggest some wide fit boots which don't cost the earth?. Or trainer-style steel toe caps - I don't really mind.

Cheers
Mark

Mark I have exactly the same problem. I have been through more pairs of boots than I dare to count. I'm on my feet all day (I'm a car technician) so comfort is a big thing for me. The only pair I have been able to get on with are these http://www.aspli.com/products/1745/...pGMjah5CJnLINySg7LIghK8bqRm1nkaESExoCLZXw_wcB
I bought some propper insoles and they are super comfotable, even with thick socks you cant feel the steel and I forget I'm wearing them.

Matt

The most comfortable boots I've worn and that's plenty on 12 hr shifts for 25 years are the Base brand boots sold at the woodwork shows at Newark and Harrogate
Regards David

Mark A":b0mpnzjo said:

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark

Have you tried these people http://www.widefitshoes.co.uk/men/wide-safety-boots/? I got some lightweight* safety boots from here (sorry can't remember the brand) and they are super comfy but not cheap though at about £70.

Cheers, Tom

* crush proof composite toe rather than steel toe cap

Latest posts

Back