More WoodRat stuff

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldel

Established Member
Reaction score
I have finally finished a design for a new workholder originally to hold small pieces but it has proven to be much more versatile than first thought. Simple to make and it will replace other 'Rat jigs.

All the details can be found here http://www.aldel.co.uk/WorkHolding5.htm

hold4.jpg

aldel

Rat jigs???

You're talking my language Alan. Thanks for the link, looks pretty useful to me.

Aldel,
For a moment there I read that as "all other Rat jigs" and that really caught my attention! Shame it wasn't so..

I'll be interested to hear more for sure. Meanwhile, I do wonder about the design of the 'Rat and jigs that hang so far off the clamps. I think this every time I put the mortice rail I that use on my 'Rat. It works but I don't like it - I'd prefer to see something that is better supported as all that weight out front seems designed to ensure a gap between the router plate and the work - but of course I forgot that the router plate droops because of the weight of the router - silly me!

Chris,

Yes I really should qualify that -- "some WoodRat jigs" I should have said. sorry!! The box, mitrebox and table are not now needed.

Well this one does keep the work close in to the face and I have not noticed any 'sag' problems when using it so far. The MDF runners on the carriage are still working well and are preventing any rattle in the carriage.

The whole jig does depend on a well fitting slider though.

Anyone have any engineering plastic (nylon66, polyethylene UMHT?) that they wish to dispose of?

Regards, Aldel

Back