More Flawed Hawthorn

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Broken Hearted hawthorn piece finished. Mounting ideas anyone? I'm sending this one to Jennie Jones in California who suggested the phrase on facebook but I'm torn between mounting it in a deep box frame or attaching magnets to the back so it can be used as a coaster or hung on the fridge. What would you want do with it?
Img_0270.jpg
Img_0267.jpg
Img_0274.jpg
Img_0275.jpg

Attachments

• Img_0267.jpg
    Img_0267.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 717
  • Img_0270.jpg
    Img_0270.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 717
  • Img_0271.jpg
    Img_0271.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 717
  • Img_0274.jpg
    Img_0274.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 717
  • Img_0275.jpg
    Img_0275.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 717
martinka":1lwmklzn said:
Looking at the photos, I'd say it wants to be hung somewhere with light behind it. See through in the daytime and glitter at night.
Great job.
Good idea Martin. On a rubber sucker on the inside of a kitchen window or glass paneled exterior door perhaps.

I used silver flakes on the writing on this one to add a bit of contrast with the gold in the cracks but I'm not terribly impressed with the way it came out.
Img_0292.jpg
Img_0289.jpg
Img_0293.jpg

We move house next saturday so it might be a while before I've got anything else to show.

Col.

Attachments

• Img_0292.jpg
    Img_0292.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 616
  • Img_0289.jpg
    Img_0289.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 616
  • Img_0293.jpg
    Img_0293.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 616
Thanks Brian.

We're moving back to west yorkshire to be nearer the family. We've had a good run for our money here playing with boats and scrambling up fells and what not but I barely get out of the house now so a lot of the attraction of living in cumbria's gone. The move has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that here I'm working mainly on the doorstep and where's we're going we'll have a nice cosy garage and an extension, honest! ;-)

Claymore":35kla0cj said:
ps there will be more craft venues when you move to Yorkshire.... will ya be having a stall or two?
There's very little chance of me ever doing craft fairs Brian. For one thing these hearts are the first thing I've ever made more than one of, and for another thing I work so slowly that nobody would be willing to pay for the number of hours I put into a project. For me it's all about figuring out how to make something unique and seeing the look of delight on someone's face when I give them it.

Col.

Back