More ebay rip off charges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is understandable. You have to feel for ebay, they take in such a small amount of money they must find it difficult to make ends meet

It's a bit like them charging 10% of the P&P costs, it will also stop rogue sellers ending listings early because it looks like they're not going to get what they want for the item they're selling.

Baldhead

eBay have a virtual monopoly so they can do just whatever they want ... and they do!

My initial thoughts are..."Excellent. Finally an Ebay policy I agree with"

(Almost) every time I think I'm in with a chance of a bargain, because I'm watching it planning a well timed snipe, it disappears with less than a day left. It's always something like "error in the listing" or simply "no longer available".

Very recently I did win an auction with a snipe. It was for the opening bid, as I was the only bidder. The waster re-listed it instantly.

Before that I won an auction with the infamous "I reserve the right to remove as advertised elsewhere" tucked in at the bottom of the description. The waster politely informed me it had already been sold 'elsewhere', after the auction was finished! Needless to say it was re-listed within a week. I no longer bid when I see that.

I only use Ebay to try to get a bargain. If I want to pay anything like 'new' price I'll go to a shop and buy new.

Like i said, these are my initial thoughts, but in true Ebay style, "I reserve the right to change my mind, as these thoughts are being considered elsewhere!"

So in a nut shell, even if you retract your item, for whatever reason, you still have to pay them commission. That is wicked.

A quick Google found this. It's from 2012, but I imagine they're doing OK this year too.

"Net profit for the three months to the end of September rose 14% from a year earlier, to $718m (£445m), eBay said.
Net revenues rose 15% to $3.4bn
."

Grayorm":t3w3w57r said:
A quick Google found this. It's from 2012, but i imagine they're doing OK this year too.

"Net profit for the three months to the end of September rose 14% from a year earlier, to $718m (£445m), eBay said.

Net revenues rose 15% to $3.4bn."
Like I said. Finding it hard to make ends meet. And talking of meet (meat) I wonder how many times a week they can eat it ? :)

The underlying problem for sellers is that eBay don't treat them as their customers.
They treat the sellers like their employees (or slaves) with countless "thou shall and thou shan't" unchallengeable decrees.

It's the buyers eBay treat as their customers.

I've never truly understood this attitude but it's the way it is.

I don't know why I can't leave negative feedback for buyers who fail to pay for the items. eBay's policies are very biased towards buyers.

:x

doorframe":1scgk48p said:
Very recently I did win an auction with a snipe. It was for the opening bid, as I was the only bidder. The waster re-listed it instantly.

Before that I won an auction with the infamous "I reserve the right to remove as advertised elsewhere" tucked in at the bottom of the description. The waster politely informed me it had already been sold 'elsewhere', after the auction was finished! Needless to say it was re-listed within a week. I no longer bid when I see that.
You don't say whether or not you put in complaints against the sellers. I would & have done.

I contemplated selling on Ebay as an individual, as opposed to a business, but the terms & conditions were too onerous so I use Gumtree (owned by Ebay) where I can control what information is released up until the point of sale.

Back