another ebay "scam"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably only come to a head due to the seperation of Ebay and Pay Pal into seperate entities

Rafezetter - much as I sympathise with you and agree with all your points, in my experience with eBay and PayPal you are on a hiding to nothing. You are forgetting the eBay rules.

Rule 1 - eBay exists for the benefit of eBay
Rule 2 - eBay is always right
Rule 3 - go to Rule 1

I have my PayPal account tied to a separate dedicated bank account that only ever has 10p in it. As soon as I get funds from PayPal, they get withdrawn straight to that bank account and then from there to my main bank account.

Let's hope it never happens but if you get a charge-back caused by a buyer defaulting on the payment for something you have sold how do you handle it?

RogerP":1j8fyydi said:
Let's hope it never happens but if you get a charge-back caused by a buyer defaulting on the payment for something you have sold how do you handle it?

Is that aimed at me, Roger? If they default on payment then I won't have shipped it, surely?

RogerP":3k0vnkgr said:
You seem to have a good system set up Roger but see here https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/chargebacks

Just a thought really but if there is a charge-back it can get very difficult if PayPal can't retrieve it from your bank or PayPal account because funds aren't available.

Only wondered how you'd handle it.

Simply because I am in control and can assess the situation. If it is a legitimate chargeback then I can move funds in but I decide. Not some arbitrary decision made by PayPal.

It's a bit like contactless credit cards. I know that they are not 100% secure and so I don't use them and have disabled the contactless part on all my cards. And yes, I know that the banks will/might refund the money but that all takes up my time for which I am not being paid. Why have the hassle? I'm fed up being an unpaid beta tester for companies.

Back