Moisture meters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I was thinking of buying a moisture meter but have no idea of what to get.
Does anyone have any comments, ideas, thoughts, or recommendations.

I am thinking along the lines of a good one, but not silly money. What is silly money? I'm not sure yet. :oops:

All responses gratefully received.

You might want to do a forum search as there was a thread on this very topic only a few weeks ago.

I have good experience using Humitest MC-100S made by Exotek, but I'm afraid it already costs silly money ~500Eur

It's a matter of convenience against cost. £200 ish will get you a decent pinless Wagner where all you have to do is lay it on the wood and there you go. £60 ish will get you this from Axminster which is what I have. You basically cut a few inches off the end of the plank and jab the probes in the end grain, turn the knob and take the reading. There is a species compensation chart for getting a more accurate reading. It works very well but is a bit more effort. Still as an amateur I find it a good compromise.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Veri ... -22800.htm

Cheers

I use a cheapo Axminster one - may not be that accurate but gives me some indication that the wood is drying out or has stopped!

Rod

hmm, thanks for your input everyone.
Looking at those prices, and with my experience, or lack of it, I think I will go with the Axminster one, for now anyway.

Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back