Mitre stop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighillman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to attach some kind of mitre stop to my DeWalt DW712 mitre saw. I've looked at the Kreg Precision Track & Stop Kit but that's a bit pricey and I've also looked at the axminster "perfect stop" but that one has poor reviews. Anybody tried a different kind or made their own?

bighillman":pfa5jp4r said:
I'd like to attach some kind of mitre stop to my DeWalt DW712 mitre saw. I've looked at the Kreg Precision Track & Stop Kit but that's a bit pricey and I've also looked at the axminster "perfect stop" but that one has poor reviews. Anybody tried a different kind or made their own?

I've got an Axminster Perfect Stop and have had no real problems with it at all. You mention reviews (plural) but I can only see two...well, three now with mine...and of these only one was negative.

I did a review back in 2006 here.

post145367.html?hilit=perfect%20stop#p145367

I've used it virtually every day since then and find it really useful.

I made my own fence and a couple of flip-stops to go with it, which were based on Steve Maskery's design, as featured as part of his table saw crosscut design, which appears on at least one of his Workshop Essential DVDs. The stops themselves are simple to make and, they're very effective:

4440817071_5070ba5aec_z.jpg

You do need to make sure that you offset the holes for the pivot away from the Bristol lever's thread.

I also made my own wooden T-track to sit on top of the fence - again, following one of Steve's ideas. The main fence is MDF (about 30mm thick, so that I don't have any trouble when making trench cuts or housings) but, for something so narrow, I would only laminate the track from a hardwood. I made something similar a while back in MDF for my pillar drill but, it didn't last. :oops:

Latest posts

Back