missed Jupiter in the night sky...?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you miss seeing Jupiter in the night sky the other night..?

Never mind..... i think i managed to capture an image of it....!! :lol:

IMG_3977.jpg

pretty good huh..?

Oh alright then..... it's not really Jupiter.... it's my old Dyson i use to collect dust in from stuff that's lurking around the 'shop'

Nick

Hah, great!

Reminds me of an ornament my nan used to have with layers of different coloured sand.

ro":3p48wcyj said:
Hah, great!

Reminds me of an ornament my nan used to have with layers of different coloured sand.

Yep - sand from Alan Bay on the isle of wight. We used to buy the lighthouse kits and make them for holiday gifts when we used to go to our annual holiday at Puckpool when I was a kid! :)

Dave

Nice !

I used to get that pattern on the inside of my BS door ( till the extractor was hooked up )

I recall as a child going to some ear of the Isle Of White - and buying a bottle filled with layers of different sand - just a flashback .

edit - Thanks Daven - that the place - We stayed there a few times, my Uncle was a prison officer in one of the prisons there.

I remember the coloured sands at Alum Bay on the IOW too. I went there as a kid on a family holiday in the late 1960s and my Mum bought one of those glass things with the stripes of coloured sand in.

Next day, I went to the beach, collected some of the coloured sand in little paper bags, & used this to make up my own glass things full of stripey sand to give as Xmas presents when I got home. Mine didn't say "A present from Alum Bay", though :lol:

So thats why our Island is getting smaller

Its not coastal erosion its you pippers nicking our sand :D

Sawdust-johnny":1vd6m6xn said:
So thats why our Island is getting smaller

Its not coastal erosion its you pippers nicking our sand :D

LOL

I remember going to Blackgang chime - and having a great day - a few years later most of it was gone !

Is sad actually - I have photos from when i was a child, and i know where i was stood is no longer there !

Hi Loz

You are quite right I have been going to Blackgang Chine for over 35yrs and I think all of the original bits are now gone.

I see you are from the Emerald Isle, the best holiday I ever had was in Dublin !

john

Latest posts

Back