Mirror wardrobe doors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormer1940

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to make some wardrobe doors up. The customer is asking for wardrobe doors with a mirror surface mounted on them. The size of the mirror is 2.1m x 450 mm. I am looking at hinging the doors so not after the sliding door type... Can you get these doors made up by a company to specific sizes?

I was thinking of 18mm MDF and 5mm mirror stuck on the front using some type of strong adhesive or strong sticky pads. This option could end up making the doors too heavy but not sure..... Any suggestions... Personally I would prefer to by from a company who deals with things like this from day to day...

I just get the mirror cut, ground edged and a safety film fitted to the back and glue it onto the door with mirror adhesive.

To keep the weight and overall thickness down use something like 15mm Medite premier as its lighter than MR and the 15mm will give enough depth for blum type hinges and at 21-22mm the overall thickness will not require excessive gaps between the doors. This is also one of the rare occasions where Conti board has its uses being 15mm thick, ready finished and not as heavy as a decent quality MFC.

These are a couple of bathroom cabinets done that way, I used push to open but if using handles get them drilled by the glass supplier.

PICT0152.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

Not sure what part of Surry you are in but I use http://www.caterhamglass.co.uk/

J

Hi Jason thanks for the reply. I have phoned a supplier in Woking today and got some prices. He said that the safety film is not needed because the adhesive would act as the same sort of thing...

Latest posts

Back