Mirka Ceros - sanding utopia.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantbeat

Established Member
Reaction score
it feels like spend most of my days sanding, have seen the Ceros & Deros systems advertised but didnt think i would ever stump up the cash for them, i just did not think they could be worth the extra, i have a collection of Makita Palm & ROS 's + a Festool i use for fine finishing.... until the Mirka rep popped a card through my door with an abranet disc.

tried the disk, loved it, this lead me to spend almost an entire day looking at the Mirka products website.... this, is bad, bad on the wallet, the next day i found myself ordering a 77mm Ceros, as my 125mm sanders are still a bit big for some of the curved work i do...

i have had it 4 days now & i'm in utter sanding heaven, its well made, so light, quiet, way less vibrations than my other machines and its doing the work i would normally be using 3 different sanders for. im now selling off my other sanders as i will probably pick up a 125mm Ceros too..... after the first 2 hours of use i was cursing myself for not buying one earlier.

The abranet system with my henry vac has turned my sanding bench into a dust free zone....the only down side is the cost of having to fully stock up on all the grit sizes i need to use... we need to go right up to 1000g on the abranet system and then finer on one of their others as i generally sand our clear coat work to 2500g before polishing

Could Mirka sheets be utilised to flatten water stones ?

Like This perhaps

Having had a chance to use deros myself I have to agree that it's the best sander I have ever touched, However at almost £400 a pop I still think it's way way way overpriced - that is if you aren't in trade and aren't using it everyday because than it's a no brainer!
Happy new year and enjoy your new sander.

Cordy":330bp8qb said:
Could Mirka sheets be utilised to flatten water stones ?

Like This perhaps

i have no idea im afraid,

MrDavidRoberts":330bp8qb said:
Having had a chance to use deros myself I have to agree that it's the best sander I have ever touched, However at almost £400 a pop I still think it's way way way overpriced - that is if you aren't in trade and aren't using it everyday because than it's a no brainer!
Happy new year and enjoy your new sander.

i paid just under £300 inc vat for the Ceros, can claim the vat back as it is very much for the day job

HNY to you too, im sure i will, im actually looking forwards to a busy days sanding on Tuesday.

I've had the CEROS for a few years, and it's been excellent. I'd advise using a pad saver between the sanding discs and backing pad. Pad savers are about a fiver, so cheaper to replace than the actual backing pad, when the Velcro wears out, which it will.

Stu_2":ax1sho5n said:
I've had the CEROS for a few years, and it's been excellent. I'd advise using a pad saver between the sanding discs and backing pad. Pad savers are about a fiver, so cheaper to replace than the actual backing pad, when the Velcro wears out, which it will.

yes it came with one, i will get some more, i usually use interface discs etc anyway as my work piece is allays curved, i never get to work on flat.

Back