Minimax 410 CU 1998 model

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy11

Reaction score
G'Day Folks
Greetings from Australia!
I'm new to this forum and indeed shop cabinetry, although i have been a residential carpenter for many years. Too many really, which is why i'm attempting to set up my own 1 man cabinet shop, in the hope i can finally leave carpentry and try my luck at woodworking!
So my question is this, i'm in the process of purchasing machinery that wil hopefully "go the distance" in my new business venture.
The particular information i'm seeking pertains to the Minimax 410 CU, i've been offered this machine, a 1998 model, at under about half the price of a new machine, i believe that's about the going price. However i'm very "green and inexperienced" in knowing what to look for in such a machine.......when buying 2nd hand. I'm told as combination machines go they have they have a good reputation, but of course like all things, it depends how hard a life they have had.
So if anybody can tell me what things i should be concerned about potentially, in buying such a machine, 2nd hand that would be fantastic. It seems a fair price if the machine is in good order, but that is the problem, "if", i know little about the machine and it is a private sale.
So any info anybody can share, would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers and thanks.

Woodsy11
woodsy11 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Machine itself should be really good quality originally. Condition - just go for the obvious signs. Do all it's functions work and everything move properly? Is it looking clean and unused or rough, knackered and rusty? Anything broken? Knobs missing? etc. etc.
It'd have to be pretty bad to be unserviceable even if it does look rough (and you get it even cheaper)

Back