Mind Blowing Idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True ingenuity.

Cheap, simple, can be manufactured by locals.

The only downside that I can see is there is no profit in it for large multinational companies.

Clever idea but relies on the wind direction which I assume could be variable?
How can they ensure they've covered all the area?

Rod

Harbo":3h6u3uz4 said:
Clever idea but relies on the wind direction which I assume could be variable?
How can they ensure they've covered all the area?

Rod
There's a GPS tracker in it that shows where it's been so it's a simple task of marking out safe routes

Mmmmm,

1 "Could" "Potentially",,,,words I would not be using when involved in mine clearance.
1, The gps tracker needs to be correct to within a few inches.
2. Only if you want to walk round in the direction the wind is blowing, if and when it is blowing.
3, Gaps between the pads are too large to cover anti personnel mines of which many are only about 75mm dia.
4, No good against double pressure fuses, i.e. first pressure arms it, second pressure fires it.
5, Why is there a need to worry about the cost when it is peoples lives at stake? the government should pay to have these cleared (does that forty euros include the gps tracking devices)

Good idea but a bit hit or miss for me, I wouldn't like to be the one to follow it.

Andy

Hardwood66":265hhia5 said:
What if there's no wind?

You don't go walking where you shouldn't; and wait for windy weather? :D

The best defence against these mines is not to make them. But that would be Utopia, and in any case it's too late. Anything that does something to help is a plus I think. :)

Benchwayze":29x0imtv said:
Hardwood66":29x0imtv said:
What if there's no wind?

You don't go walking where you shouldn't; and wait for windy weather? :D

The best defence against these mines is not to make them. But that would be Utopia, and in any case it's too late. Anything that does something to help is a plus I think. :)

They have been trying to ban anti personnel mines for a number of years, many countries have signed up to the treaty but you won't be surprised to know that some who have not yet done so include Russia, China, USA and many of the Muslim states.

Andy

Latest posts

Back