Miller dowels?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Nick, I think we are on the same page now. I generally make my own dowel so if I grooved it at all I would only grove the part way up such that the top filled the hole like a MD does. Certainly a lot slower than using an MD but it works for me.

I used them on a project with my 14 year old, the stepped drill design means it's easier for the occasional woodworker to drill a straight, deep hole. They're pricey but they work.

Like all such things, it'd become a bit gimmicky if overused, a house full of "Miller furniture" isn't a nice idea!

Alf":rxxluqrs said:
I'm sure I'm missing something (My brain is currently following a Go Slow policy) but what's the advantage over a couter-bored screw and plug?

Screws are not so good into end grain.

I used them to make a log box out of 12mm ply butt jointed together worked well into the end grain of the ply the box has been in use for 5 years now and has had loads of punishment they haven't failed yet

Hi,

I use any of my 4 TAGs in the pool sea and the shower :wink:

I can't see the point of Miller dowles.

Pete

Racers":adp7zrri said:
Hi,

I use any of my 4 TAGs in the pool sea and the shower :wink:

I can't see the point of Miller dowles.

Pete

I think most Tags are waterproof in the proper sense - it's just the one that caught my eye - the Carrera, http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/ ... 010.BA0786

isn't suitable for swimming - I rang their UK customer service number and they confirmed it. Bit much to pay for a dress watch masquerading as a sports watch. :oops:

Although never had a problem with the Omega - so unless it magically "falls behind the sofa" or the children hide it, can't see 'er indoors agreeing to a new one. Especially considering the purchase of a Dom and stuff in the last 12 months!

Problem is - it's not like a chisel or a hammer, where one can pull the "I've had that for years Love!" excuse. A new expensive watch is a lot harder to get away with. I wouldn't dare say it was a fake - just incase she thought it was OK for the kids to whack it with a hammer or something. Or worse still give it away!

Dibs

Back