Middle of Lidl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have now opened it. Started off by joining the two 700mm tracks together, laid it on the kitchen worktop, one track flat on the worktop, far end of other track about 10mm in the air, no way this will work without clamps. The joining bar is not flat/straight. Also there is only one joining bar so the tracks look like they could twist out of alignment. The tracks do not line up perfectly, bit of a lip.

I then attached the saw and adjusted it for a tight fit, bit fiddly to get it right. Slid nicely along the first track, got to the joint and it jammed. Backed the adjusters off a bit and it worked but obviously now a bit of slack.

I could do a bit of fine tuning on the joining bar and probably get it better, but it would still have only one bar and be a bit delicate, I can see the track having to be stored as two pieces.

It is unfortunate that the 1.4m of track does not come as one length especially as it is made in a continuous length and cut to size. No doubt all to do with packaging and transportation.

I already have a home made track for my circular saw. I can see that this saw will need a new track for me to be happy with it, possibly a pair of evolution rails.

Would appreciate comments from anyone who has used the parkside tracks.
Put mine togeather on Monday track perfect alignment and flat ,The one bar joint seams ok and set the fine adjustment on sole plate nice smooth movement i can see if you tighten the grub screws on joint bar too tight it may distort track in the middle the only issue i had was tht track might wander with vibration when cutting hence my searching for clamps , But for £79.99 its a great tool for ripping 8'x4' boards . Maybe buy a couple of 1400mm tracks to make the 8' cuts

One thing i always do when buying tools in supermarkets is check packaging for riped box or security tape damage that way there is less chance of the tool insde being damaged or looted , Been lucky up to now

I have two Dewalt tracks & joining bar (1) , no problem with alignment, & they are reversable. I use my compatible DW circular saw with them, as I have no need of a tracksaw.

Have now opened it. Started off by joining the two 700mm tracks together, laid it on the kitchen worktop, one track flat on the worktop, far end of other track about 10mm in the air, no way this will work without clamps. The joining bar is not flat/straight. Also there is only one joining bar so the tracks look like they could twist out of alignment. The tracks do not line up perfectly, bit of a lip.

I then attached the saw and adjusted it for a tight fit, bit fiddly to get it right. Slid nicely along the first track, got to the joint and it jammed. Backed the adjusters off a bit and it worked but obviously now a bit of slack.

I could do a bit of fine tuning on the joining bar and probably get it better, but it would still have only one bar and be a bit delicate, I can see the track having to be stored as two pieces.

It is unfortunate that the 1.4m of track does not come as one length especially as it is made in a continuous length and cut to size. No doubt all to do with packaging and transportation.

I already have a home made track for my circular saw. I can see that this saw will need a new track for me to be happy with it, possibly a pair of evolution rails.

Would appreciate comments from anyone who has used the parkside tracks.
I have 3 sets of the Lidl tracks. Mine don't stick at the joints, so I can't add anything useful on that score. I certainly store mine as separate pieces but that's convenient for me as I had an unused gap between one workbench and an adjoining storage unit.

I've just checked the Kompernass site and I see that they are delivering to the UK again. A set of the Parkside tracks are £18 plus delivery if anyone's interested.

I have 3 sets of the Lidl tracks. Mine don't stick at the joints, so I can't add anything useful on that score. I certainly store mine as separate pieces but that's convenient for me as I had an unused gap between one workbench and an adjoining storage unit.

I've just checked the Kompernass site and I see that they are delivering to the UK again. A set of the Parkside tracks are £18 plus delivery if anyone's interested.
I brought the track saw on Tuesday and I ordered two extra tracks from the Kompernass site last night. Very easy process cost £18.96 inc delivery and delivery by 6th Sept. Great tip JimJay thanks for the heads up.

Thank you, knowing that you are happily using the tracks is helpful. I will probably try straightening the bar and see if that sorts it.

Thank you, knowing that you are happily using the tracks is helpful. I will probably try straightening the bar and see if that sorts it.
Jim has been very helpful to me and i have just ordered the extra two tracks from kompernass £17.60 plus £4 50 p n p 5 to 7 days del . So now im covered to cut 8' boards length ways

Don't know why, but i found it quite hard to find the tracks on that site, and was only looking in case they had 1.4m ones as well.
Here is the link to the pair mentioned by others above:
https://www.kompernass.com/en/accessories/843/guide-rail
They were at the back end of Parkside /diy and tools i thought it was an interesting trawl through what spares you can get for many of the Parkside tools saves bining a tool if all you need is a swich.

I bought a pair of the Evolution guide rails and have only used one of the Parkside rails once. A decent Freud blade and the Evolution rails have made this a seriously good saw that has done a lot of work.

Latest posts

Back