MFT clamping and legs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selwyn

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought an MFT top from CNC designs

Anybody got any good ideas for a bench underneath or a clamping system?

Not wanting Festool prices!

I just built a beach from bita of 100x50 . Doubles as a storage for bits of wood though that might change.

You can make some trigger clamps work on the mft if you remove the end jaw and bend the last 75mm or so of the steel. Though I just got 2 of the festool ratchet clamps with 20% off on ffx once time.

I use a couple of saw horses and a couple of pieces of CLS across them.

for clamping the track, I use the screw clamps, I keep meaning to buy the better ones but always find alternative use for the money they cost. The bang good clamping elements get good reviews for horizontal clamping, although I have used some veritas wonderpups to do this, or even some router mat for tasks like sanding.

clamping boards vertically takes a bit more thought. I have clamped a button to the top using the screw clamps, and then clamped a board to the baton using some small F clamps. S10-ST Mini Table Vice is quite handy at times too. For this application, a bench with T track on the face would be better- I cant need mine for this task too often because it hasn't really been an issue.

Just bought an MFT top from CNC designs

Anybody got any good ideas for a bench underneath or a clamping system?

Not wanting Festool prices!
What I’ve been using for a bit over a decade is best shown on Flickr at MFT style bench 20mm holes on 96mm grid items
There is a torsion box under the bench top, larger spaces between supports would be better. For clamps I have the festool clamping elements, screw clamps, ratchet clamps, Makita screw clamps, Axminster ratchet clamps the DeWalt ratchets don’t work through the holes. For stops the WorkMate dogs are perfect.

Last edited:
I used a Bosch gta 2500 mitre saw bench
And some aluminium extrusion for portability MFT router table
I made this clamp that locks in to the 20mm holes it’s like a stem of a old bike
0C3D3D53-181C-46B6-BF28-526E2DFAD86E.jpeg

I intend to make cam clamps like these
@Mickjay done here MFT Table Best Accessories

Latest posts

Back