Metric only tape measures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bod

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a metric only tape measure, which will soon need to be replaced.
Where can I find a cheap replacement?
All I can find are metric/imperial or very expensive.
The joy of using this type, is that there is only one set of markings, no trying to measure metric distance over imperial markings.
Those using metric only steel rules will know what I'm saying.

Bod

I's my last day in Portugal today, if I go out into the wind and rain I'll have a look for one for you. No promises though.

A reasonable range here http://www.thetapestore.co.uk/tapes-rul ... aQodxQ4LwA

Personally, I would suggest finding one that you like and forget the price. £30+ sounds a lot for a tape measure, but if you make do with a cheap metric/imperial one and miscut a piece that needs remaking, then you quickly lose more than the difference. There also seem to be a few at around £15- The Fisco ones in particular look good value

Hultafors Talmeter - the 3m one can be had for around £14+ and you won't look back.

monkeybiter":2rur0uec said:
I's my last day in Portugal today, if I go out into the wind and rain I'll have a look for one for you. No promises though.

Thanks, would be appreciated.

Bod

The Tape store, I've been in touch with them.
In my world, expensive, either doesn't bounce, or grows legs and wanders off, never to return.
Hence cheap, not only to buy, but replace!

Bod

Advent and Fisco both do metric-only, certified as Class I, which is better than any Stanley tape. I've heard good things about Hultafors also. I use Fiscos and have three.

Starrett brand tape measures as less expensive (at least in the USA) that you might imagine.

http://www.starrett.com/saws/saws-hand- ... tBy=wp/asc

I have one of their 12' models for bench work and it is a pleasure to use.

The equivalent size in metric would be one of the 3.5m models such as KTX12-3.5M-N. Since I'm in the USA, it pops up on amazon.com for just under $13USD. Searching on Amazon.co.uk it pops up for under £6.

I've gotta get one of those I hate it when you have to measure something one way then when you turn the tape round and measure the other way you have to eye across from the imperial side.

Metric only problem solved :)

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back