Metric forstner bit set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiokli

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good set of forstner bits that come in metric sizes that isn't crazy money like Famag Bormax? I've been using the Record Power set of 16 and they work well for only £65, especially with the saw tooth profile on the large diameters, but insetting things like dowels, feet, tubes and bars is a fudge to the nearest mil.

A comparable set in metric seems to reach in the hundreds of pounds, which seems saddening. Again, sawtooth profile is prefered. Opinions welcome please!

I have heard the mindset of buying forstner bits as and when you need that particular size, e.g. 25mm and 40mm are commonly required holes. Therefore it's not as big an initial outlay. Unfortunately, the randomness of my work requires me to want a wider range of sizes at all times. Like I said, it's a bit annoying that the Record Power set work so well for the price, but the wrong size. I've bought cheaper metric sets that have been just awful. Was hoping for a nice middle ground.

has been said before many times buy cheap buy twice, I have Famag and Fisch both excellent and also a box full of cheap dung collecting dust.

I bought some trend forstner bits and was very disappointed, On the other hand the hole drilling bits from Wealdon Tools are still good after two years.

Mike

Latest posts

Back