Metal roofing sheets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Shmoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I need to cut some box profile roofing sheets in half, but they have 50mm of insulation attached on one side. I also have the added issue of needing to do this on site.

I see Axminster do a power nibbler drill attachment for £20, but I've never used one before so not sure if it will work on sheets that have insulation on. Also, would it run off my dewalt cordless and a couple of 4ah li ion batteries?

Also, I'm cutting in half against all the raised profiles bumping in and out, not along the length of the sheet in long smooth gully, if that makes sense?

Any tips or advice?

Thanks,

Hi, Thanks that's a good idea. is there any chance that the blade would heat up sufficiently to cause fire hazard to the insulation?

Recip saw is the way to go, a decent quality blade should easily cut through quickly without any heat build up issues.

Cheers guys, this is an excuse to buy a nice new dewalt recip saw lol. Thanks for all your help.

Back