mdf primer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markus

Established Member
Reaction score
hi,back with some more questions!!! just a quick one, witch brand makes the best mdf primer?.or are they all the same???

hello Markus, If the MDF is being painted which I assume it will. I can recommend Johnstones MDF primer. It is white and can be rollered, brushed or sprayed on. I have just completed a desk built mainly from MDF and have finished the desktop and sides in this using a roller. I then sanded down the primer with 320 grit and then srayed Wickes water based gloss white with my HVLP gun. After two days I nibbed out the dust with 800wet and dry used wet and then machine polished the finish for a glass like gloss. I should add that I applied two coats of the primer, it dries within an hour. :wink: I can't post any pictures of it at the moment as SWMBO has the camera in Blackpool. :wink:

Before painting we normally just use 2 coats of dulux quick drying primer and undercoat followed by a light rub with 240 grit. This tends to be on MR mdf though, normal mdf would probably go a bit a furry, especially on the edges.

Back