maxium "working" load on 95x95mm beam

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owas

Reaction score
i am purchasing a few wood beams at 95mm x 95mm and was wandering what the max load "roughly" is on them?

description of wood : "95 x 95mm Sawn Carcassing FSC"

i am getting (2) 3 meters and (1) 2.6 meter

thanks

That would depend on the stress grading of the timber, point load or evenly spread, etc.

Its an unusual section to use as a beam, square would be better suited to use as a post, a 200x47 would have better properties when used as a beam than a 95x95.

Jason

jasonB":jp3mro3z said:
That would depend on the stress grading of the timber, point load or evenly spread, etc.

Its an unusual section to use as a beam, square would be better suited to use as a post, a 200x47 would have better properties when used as a beam than a 95x95.

Jason

Hi,
I'm not sure of the the stress grade, but i'll explain the purpose for it,
I am building sort of a power rack, pull up bar, and will be hanging nylong webbing off the bar to hold at maximum (150 kg) doubt i'll be lifting anymore weight then that, so the weight will be on the pull up bar, that is put through 2 inche holes in the wood, which i will be cementing 2ft in the ground,
If that helps :) thanks!

So the posts will be vertical with a 50mm pole between them, in that case they will easily support your 150KG

jasonB":1m27bs2p said:
So the posts will be vertical with a 50mm pole between them, in that case they will easily support your 150KG

Thanks for your help! :)
I will be purchasing 4x6's instead, just to be on the safe side, as the weight will be dropped instead off placed slowly,
I was wandering, is it safe to put large lag screws in after the wood has been cemented in to the ground? As i can't work out the exact height i would need them until i put myself against the posts after they have been cemented

Back