Maswerk idea test

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominik Pierog

Established Member
Reaction score
Maswerk

maswerk_box_by_dominikpierog-d8v3wtp.jpg

maswerk_box3_by_dominikpierog-d8v3wvp.jpg

light_box_by_dominikpierog-d8v3tq6.jpg

maswerk_box_light1_by_dominikpierog-d8v3y1e.jpg

maswerk_box_light2_by_dominikpierog-d8v3y1t.jpg

maswerk_wood_box_light_movie_by_dominikpierog-d8v3yg4.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxWBJYEQnA

Looks very nice but i suppose most any shape or form can be done with a laser, i can't get enthusiastic about using a laser much prefer using a scroll saw, getting the pleasure of a good finish and just feeling the wood and overcoming difficult areas, well done you if that's what floats your boat, nice bit of work.

I have to agree with tersan , not much skill involved in setting up a laser, still, each to their own, live and let live
Regards
Brendan

A couple of weeks back we had a young lady turn up for her very first craft fair. Her parents had bught her a laser machine and she had made quite a variety of things including coasters, small crosses and hearts and small animals. In the coasters and several other items there were internal cut outs and the edges and outside edges were black. Everything was made from what appeared to be 3mm baltic ply but she hardly sold a thing. Looking on e-bay you can buy large quantities of laser cut novelty items for basically pennies but I fail to see where there would be a market for thise things.

Geoff, how did the cats go?
I can't access my email site from here in Conwy
John

Hi John. The cat key racks had their first outing on Tuesday, sold one then and another two yesterday. I knew they would be a good seller.

Story about this work.
Two weeks ago, on Saturday, I was awakened by the phone. The priest needs the cross for the pilgrimage. It was too thick to cut down on scroll saw. He had to call on Monday, but he never called back. It took me two days to prepare this project, eight hours for cutting prototypes and fixes. To do this one cube.
Full cross should looks like that. Its is ridiculous...
l_13907171f245ba2Laser.jpg

I was inspired by this work
gothic-cross-01%20Alexey%20Kizlyk.jpg

Back