• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Manual CNC machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Dave the woodworker

Established Member
Reaction score
It will have to be a duplicator, as I will have several lines of small text to cope with. I already have something in mind. Been looking at a number of YouTube videos to get ideas. Thanks for the input.

Sachakins

The most wasted of days is one without woodwork
Reaction score
I wish I wasn't as aware of what you mention as I am. The same issue is a reason visually to do very small work with high magnification - if it even looks decent that way, it'll look superb at normal vision.
True, many moons back, used to do line drawings of antique furniture, that were used for price lists, and were small images next to a description.
Would draw the image at A4 size, then shrink it on the copier to a 30-50mm square image. They looked so crisp and professional. The previous guy used to draw it at small size, and it looked $#it.

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
based on what's described above, sachakin's lever type duplicarver (that will do reduced size work in from the tracing apparatus) sounds like a better idea.

Several lines of small text either would require a small very accurate machine or one less accurate with a larger template.

The duplicarvers that I've seen are generally large (for rifle stocks or guitar necks or guitar tops) and they're a bit wobbly for small details and require care and slow speed to keep results clean.

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
What you want is one of these fitted with a router spindle