makita screwgun trigger broken

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe90

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

My Makita 14.4V screwgun broke down the other day and I reckon it's the trigger assembly. One minute it was fine and then a tiny piff of smoke and it's totally dead. Is there anywhere I can buy the spare part cheaply enough? It's hardly worth paying labour charges to have the tool fixed. I had it for about 2.5 years and it's used every day.

I got a new 14.4V screwgun from Axminster straight away, they had an offer where you get a impact driver body as well as a screwgun... wow, those impact drivers are very powerful, four times as much torque as the screwgun!!! :shock: (140N/m to 36 N/m or thereabouts)... very handy.

Cheers
Joe

Hi Joe,
I had a bit of trouble finding what looked like the 'official' Makita spares supplier a while back. In the end I ordered something from www.lawson-his.co.uk
They seemed to have a very good range of spares. The service was very good too.
Hope that helps
Andy

Nick W":249rfhz5 said:
Joe90":249rfhz5 said:
... they had an offer ...

Where's that then?

Makita 6280DWPE c/w 14.4V Impact Driver (Body Only)
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Makita-6280DWPE-c-w-14.4V-Impact-Driver-(Body-Only)-459509.htm
This was down from £162 to £142 (+VAT). And I already had a charger and two batteries from the broken screwgun so it's very good for me. The new charger is much fancier than the old one but the batteries are the same. 3 x 1.3Ah with the package deal.

Thanks AndyG for the link... I checked for the package I bought and it's £153 (+VAT) from Lawsons, I still need to search for the trigger assembly / spare parts later. Lawsons also do a screwgun where you get a cordless 14.4V jigsaw body with it for £186+VAT, that'd be handy.

My links don't work, I think it's because I'm new. :?
Cheers
Joe

Back